It may only be November, but if you want your skin to be your best accessory this Christmas, now is the time to start. We look at the best pre party treatmentsRead More
For those lucky enough to be unfamiliar with it, rosacea is a reddening of the face –from mild flushing in the cheeks to an angry, itchy red rash, complete with an uneven, pimply surface. Women between 30 and 60 are three times more likely to develop rosacea than anyone else. It can be uncomfortable and unsightly, but there are now options available that reduce and control the signs
There are many rosacea treatments on the market but it is recommended that you make your first port of call an appointment with a doctor or dermatologist. There are two main types of treatment; procedural such as laser treatments and topical, such as creams and lotions.
Natura uses medical grade lasers to treat Rosacea, we avoid the cheaper and less effective IPL option. The laser light penetrates the skin keeping it intact until it reaches the vessel. Once the laser energy reaches the vessel, it is immediately absorbed. At this point the light energy turns into heat that causes the line of the vessel (the vein) to become inflamed.
This triggers the healing process and veins gradually reduce in diameter and disappear. The laser energy is delivered through a chilled window to protect the patient’s skin and provide comfort. Generally patients notice a marked improvement after the second or third treatment. Once fully treated we recommend patients have a yearly maintenance treatment.
All the products in the Avene range centre around their Thermal water. Avène Thermal Spring Water originates as rain. However, the 40-year journey through the Cevennes Mountain aquifer produce thermal spring water ideally suited for the care and management of sensitive skin.
It gradually becomes infused with trace elements and silicates, achieving a perfectly balanced mineral composition ideal for sensitive skin. Avène soothes, softens, and restores skin’s natural balance. Even beyond sensitive skin treatment, this therapy has been used for centuries at the Hydrotherapy Center to address a variety of more severe dermatological conditions such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, itchiness and burns.
The range of avene products for rosacea increases microcirculation, decreases skin reactivity and reduces the appearance of redness associated with Rosacea.
Redness Relief Soothing Cream SPF 20
- Helps minimize the appearance of swelling
- Helps reduce the appearance of redness
- Improves overall vein health
- Clinically proven to reduce the amount of recurrences of flushing and blushing
- Broad spectrum SPF 25 protects skin and helps prevent future redness
- Avène Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften the skin
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
Antirougeurs FORT Relief Concentrate
- New saponin-enriched Ruscus Extract (0.3%) acts as a vasoconstrictor that improves cutaneous microcirculation with anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic properties (reduces VEGF)
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone protects and strengthens the vascular walls
- Dextran Sulfate provides decongesting properties and minimizes the appearance of swelling
- Rich in Avène Thermal Spring Water to calm irritation and inflammation
- Shea butter nourishes
- Use in monotherapy or as a complement to medical treatment
- Velvety smooth texture soothes the most sensitive skin
- Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic
They may not sound a likely trio but including carrots, oranges and wholegrain in your diet can have many benefits to the appearance and health of your skin.Read More
Tea is more popular than ever according to new research, but did you know that it can have a positive impact your health?Read More